PBX - Phone System Default Passwords
Let's face it, many older systems out in the field still have the
factory default credentials in use and are a way to connect to these systems.
PBX techs that change the defaults, which is good practice and critically
important for any IP-PBX or VoIP system, should always give that information to
someone of authority at the company whose owns the telephone system. In any event, here is a list of
some PBXs and their default passwords. If your system uses default passwords,
change them with strong passwords making sure to keep records and that all
responsible parties have that information.
If you need the want to explore some of our tips
you can find them here PBX
and VoIP Tips.
Here are many PBX system default credentials, usernames and default
passwords for several PBX phone systems
PBX Telephone system's default password list for quick access
Business PBX telephone system's default passwords are often needed and
this list is offered for owners and PBX techs as a fast quick access
resource and should only be used for authorized access. No one wants to have
to default a system, especially without a back up configuration file, so any
resource to save time and expense is worthwhile.
PBX Default Passwords for Avaya, Comdial, Iwatsu, Mitel, Nortel, Panasonic, Samsung
The following list starts with the PBX system after which you
will find the Username and then the password. Notes are listed for helpful
- Avaya IP Office- Administrator | Administrator
- Amanda- ALT+S | AMandA
- Comdila DXP+ - For Installer & Administrator | I*746*
- Comdial DX120 - *From Ext | 0000 *Note: password is used from a
- Iwatsu Adix - Iwatsu | Dist *NOTE: *Note: compatible before 6.2x
- Mitel 3300 System - admin | admin *Note: Username could also be: system
- MItel 5000 System - admin | support *Note: aka MiVoice Office
- Mitel SX200 - installer | 1000
- Nortel BCM50 - supervisor | PlsChgMe1
- Nortel BCM400 - supervisor | PlsChgMe1
- Nortel Meridian - login | 0 *Note: password is zero
- Nortel Meridian - **266344 | **266344 *Note: 266344 spells
- Nortel Modula ICS - **CONFIG | **CONFIG *Note: 266344 spells
- Nortel Norstar - 266344 | 266344 *Note: 266344 spells CONFIG
- Panasonic KX-UT670 - admin | adminpass
- Samsung Officeserv - (no username) | 1234 *Note: Also 0000 or
- Samsung 7100 - (no username) | 0000 *Note: zero(s), also possibly 1234
- Shoretel switches- anonymous | ShoreTel
- Vertical SBX IP 320 - administrator | 0000 *Note: zero(s)
- 3Com NBX100 - (no username) | 0000 *Note: zeros
- 3Com V3000 - (no username) | 0000 *Note: zeros
- 3Com V5000 - (no username) | 00000000 *Note: zeros
About Mike's PBX Tech Tips
Mike's PBX tech tips are officered as a resource for admin and PBX
technicians, as well as owners and users of business telephone systems.
These tutorials and step by step guides are for both everyday uses, like how
to change the time and date on a PBX or enter speed dial names, or how to
default systems, which should be done by a PBX tech or admin.
For those that find it's time to replace an existing business phone
system (PBX) you'll find an easy questionnaire that can be completed in a
few minutes for competitive phone system quotes from telecom professionals.
Just use the link below.