How to change the time and date on NEC Electra phones and IPK
Here are the steps to change the time and date on the NEC Electra phone system and the
date and time on the NEC IPK and SV8100.
You can find the NEC Manuals here.
Changing the time on a Electra Elite & Professional system must be done from the main phone, usually extension
From extension 100:
- First Press Feature and then Dial 9#.
- Next enter the hour and the minute and then Press Recall to change the AM/PM setting.
- Next Press Hold to change the date.
- Then Press Recall to change the day of week.
- Next Dial # to move the cursor to the day of month field and enter the correct day.
- Press Recall again to select month and then dial # to move the cursor to the year field where you
will enter last 2 digits of current year.
- Press Feature to exit.
Changing the time on a NEC IPK II and SV8100
- First Press Speaker then Press 728. Then follow the steps starting
with the year. *Note: Extension users can dial Service Code 728 to change the time
only if allowed by an extension Class
of Service. If not then it must be done through system programming (see
- *By using System Programming: From any display phone Press Speaker then #*#* and enter password.
- Enter 1 0 0 1
then 0 1 to start with the year.
Enter the 2 digit year. Press Transfer
then Enter the 2 digit Month. Press Transfer then Enter the 2 digit
Day. Press Transfer then Enter 1 digit for the day of the week: 1 for
Sunday, 7 for Saturday.
- Enter the time in Military fashion.
- Finish by Pressing Transfer and Exit.