Changing the Password for Vertical or Comdial DX-120 Extensions
How to Reset the Password on Comdial or Vertical Phones (DX-120)
Comdial first introduced the DX-120. Vertical who bought Comdial
continued to manufacture the DX-120 with the Vertical name which can be seen
on the telephones, as well as the PBX KSU. These instructions are good
for both PBXs.
Vertical/Comdial DX-120 manuals:
and System Manuals
Changing Time on a Comdial DX-120
Note: The default password for all extensions is 0000 (four zeros) except
for extension 101 which is 9999.
- First from the extension press FEATURE 97.
- On your telephone display you will see PSWD:_ with soft-key
functions of bksp (backspace), show, and chg (change).
- Next input your current password, which should be the default
password 0000, if it has not been previously changed.
- Your display will then show LOCK PHONE with the softkey options of
pswd (password), yes, and no.
- Next Press pswd and the display will change to N PSWD:_ with the
softkey options of bksp (backspace), save, and chg (change).
- Input your new password and then press Save.
NOTE: PbxMechanic.com is a participant in
the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by
advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon
logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.